Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas Eve traditions continued...

After the kids open their presents for each other, Scott and I open the presents they made for us in school. Callahan made us a Holiday Traditions book, including our yummy sticky bun recipe:)

Camryn made us a 2010 calendar with each one of our birthdays on it.
Carson made a picture for me. I wish you could see it better. He is becoming quite an artist.
Kyle gave Scott a gift card to his favorite restaurant and he gave me a beautiful necklace inscribed with this quote, "A family's love is nature's masterpiece." It has a tree on it with 8 gold hearts as leaves. Eight! That's our little Hinckley brood!

We read Twas the night before Christmas and the Santa Story which is a story Scott found about 18 years ago that ties the Santa and Baby Jesus story together. As a matter of fact, one of my favorite Christmas decorations is a ceramic Santa, kneeling beside the baby Jesus that my mom gave to each one of her kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment