Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Sunday lesson in Primary

It is my turn to teach Sharing Time in Primary this month. We teach the 3-7 year olds first and then the 8-12 year olds. Bascially, we can use the same lesson for each, just modify a bit. SO, I am excited about this lesson on The Atonement. I want these little ones to begin to understand their Savior, Jesus Christ and his sacrifice for them. I decide to use the round chalkboards that I made in college. I made 24 of them and then I have a sock as an eraser with chalk in it. The kids love them! So I had them draw a picture of a time when they didn't make a good choice. I gave them some examples...when you hit your sister, or didn't listen to your mom, or ate your brother's candy, etc. So then we talked about how they felt when that happened and what they could do to make it better. We talked about feeling sad, saying sorry, asking for forgiveness and then trying not to do it again. Then I had them erase their chalkboards, so their sin was all gone. Erased. That is what the Atonement does.....takes away our sins so we can live with our Savior again. Beautiful lesson, right?

Well, as we were drawing our pictures on our chalkboards, I hear my little Kenzi's voice say to her teacher, "Can you draw me a tiger?"

I guess we will revisit this lesson with her at another time......

No comments:

Post a Comment