Sunday, February 22, 2009

Kenzi Lyn


My grandma was a fabulous seamstress.  She made almost all of my clothes when I was growing up.  This is an adorable little hot pink coat and bonnet that she made for me.  Now it fits Kenzi! Scott called Kenzi, "Kenzi-Rita" the other day.  She said, "No! Kenzi-Roo"  Her real name is Kenzi Lyn, but I am not sure she will know that name.  We all call her Kenzi Roo.  Want to know why???  (if you have heard this story, just skip it!)  When I was pregnant with Kenzi, we were talking about how her name needed to begin with a "K" sound, just like all the rest of our kids.  At the time, Camryn was four years old.  One morning at 6am, she woke me up to tell me that she thought of a K name!  "Kangaroo!"  When we told Scott, he said, "Oh, how cute, we can call her Little Roo!"  Well, then Kenzi was born at 24 weeks and spent 95 days in the NICU.  As we walked in the NICU for one of the first times, we saw these little pink or blue kangaroos on the sides of the isolettes.  They were for the babies that were kangarooed.  (placed skin on skin on their parents' chests, which aids their development)  We joked with our kids that that was a sign that we should name our baby, Kangaroo.  Well, we didn't end up naming her Kangaroo, but she will always be our Little Roo, Kenzi Roo or Roo Who.  ~Teri

No comments:

Post a Comment